Sunday, October 1, 2023

He Should Have Told The Bees by Amanda Cox


About the Book:

Beekeeper Beckett Walsh is living her dream, working alongside her father in their apiary, until his untimely death sends her world into a tailspin. She suddenly finds she must deal with a new part owner of the family business--one who is looking to sell the property. Beck cannot fathom why her father would put her into the position to lose everything they built together.

When Callie Peterson is named in the trust of a man she's never heard of, she's not sure what to do. Her fledgling business has just taken wing and her mother has reentered her life asking for help getting into rehab for her lifelong substance abuse issues, making Callie's financial situation rather . . . precarious. She's sure she has no right to someone else's farm, but the money from the sale could solve her problems and give her the stability she's always craved.

As these two women navigate their present conundrum, they will discover a complex and entangled past full of secrets--and the potential for a brighter future for both of them.
My Review: 
This is the third book I have read from Mrs. Cox. Since I loved her first two books, I so was looking forward to reading this one! It definitely did not disappoint! From the beginning, I was swept up in the plot woven by the author and loved the characters. It is a gift that the author has to be able to create authentic characters that are so relatable and dynamic. 
I at once took a liking to the little girl Fern and loved the interactions between her and Beckett. As the story develops, it is clear that both Beck and Callie operate from lives that involved trauma, and I could certainly identify with both characters having had my own traumas in life. In fact, one spot was so eye-opening I found myself taking a picture of the three pages to remind myself in the future of what I had read. The story flows so fluidly and definitely had me invested in what was going to happen. You know a story is good when you are close to tears near the end of the story. As a side note, while I loved the story, I did not like the references to shapeshifting.
I voluntarily received a complimentary copy from the Revell. All opinions and thoughts are my own.
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment